New Comunication skills!

It is not nearly so important how well a message is received as how well it is sent. You cannot take responsibility for how well another accepts your truth; you can only ensure how well it is communicated. And by how well, I don't mean merely how clearly; I mean how lovingly, how compassionately, how sensitively, how courageously, and how completely. Neale Donald Walsh author of Conversations with God


I am so in love with the Universe! It communicates with me so well that love is the only emotion I can describe for the care that the Universe extends to me! Yesterday I wanted to tell a friend of mine something and as I was sitting down thinking and asking myself OK what is my intention for communicating this piece of information I decided to give it some time and do some reading. What would be the first thing I would put my hands on? The quote above! How awesome is that? I cannot take  responsibility for how well another accepts my truth, my responsibility is to communicate lovingly, compassionately and courageously. How many times have I communicated based on ego and fear and the need to be right rather than in love, in courage and in compassion? Funnily enough you get what you give so what would happen is that I would get the same right back at me! I've now learnt how to communicate more effectively! I tried it, was strange at first, but I did it and felt pretty good after!

So what did I learn today?
To free myself of the responsibility of trying to make other people happy to  respect and love them enough to allow them to take care of their own happiness.  To not expect others to behave in a way I want, so I will be happy and make the choice to walk away when the non negotiables are being tested.  To release myself forevermore and know that I alone control my happiness and it is a choice, no matter what anyone else is doing. To Love and respect myself completely.
Peace!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism