The evolution of consciousness


Your mind is right now filled with old thoughts. Not only old thoughts, but mostly someone else’s old thoughts. It’s important now, it’s time now, to change your mind about some things. This is what evolution is all about. Neale Donald Walsch, Author of Conversations with God
I started back my boxing training. I stopped it for a bit but decided to give it a good go before I leave. After a few three minute rounds my appetite is voracious! I was getting ready to leave the gym and I said to my sparring partner that I need to buy something to eat. He said why don't you try the pumpkin and sweet potato dish with the smoked fish. I responded immediately, yuk the smoked fish that looked like there was only salt and pepper added? He said yes, what's the problem with salt and pepper? I said that's not how we season fish or for a fact anything where I'm from that's nasty! Have you ever tried it? I said no I don't have to, its just not how we eat where I'm from. Well my friend, just in case you haven't notice you aren't there right now, you haven't tried it and made an automatic judgement call on something because of what you think you know or what you used to do. Hmmm
I thought about what he said for a minute. Where did I get these thoughts from? I inherited it from my family, my surroundings and never took the time to discover it for myself. How many times have I done that with important things in my life? Make decisions based on old thoughts that are not even my own? Just passed to me that I buy wholesale and it limits me?

I tried the fish it was absolutely scrumptious I really liked it! Right there was a lesson for me for my life in general, shape your own mind, do your own independent investigation of the truth, your truth and keep an open mind!

So what did I learn today?
I must remain a student of life, I must be willing to learn and try new things, continue to be mindful of the old thoughts that swirl around in my mind which are limiting my ability to experience new things and to express my highest self.  There may be judgements that I am making about how life and things are supposed to me which can prevent me from living my best life.Try it, Remain open because there might be much more than I ever know that will come from the experience and the beautiful thing is if I don't like it I can always make another choice!When you let go of everything you think you know and just trust,life has a way of working itself out that's better than you could ever imagine
Peace!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism