Confessions on the Journey!

I know that a relationship built on love feels GOOD. It should bring you joy- not just some time but most of the time. It should never require losing your voice, your self-respect, or your dignity. And whether you are 25 or 65, it should involve bringing all of who you are to the table- and walking away with even more- Oprah Winfrey


Confessions on the journey- I am angry and disappointed in myself, I really am! Why? I have been ignoring signs, not paying attention to my gut feelings, settling for less than I know I deserve and encouraging bad behavior! Why? Fear. Plain and simple! and a bit of bad habits as well. 
I am disappointed in myself for not putting the lessons I learnt along the journey into practice! And here's the thing, that I learnt - when you know, your behavior changes, and if you don't know then your behavior doesn't change! So I thought I knew because my behavior was not changing. I really didn't act like I knew.

I knew the relationship was over, well no scrap that, I didn't know because my behaviour didn't change. I was given all the signs that the relationship was over that it had changed but I didn't heed it.
I felt it in my heart and in my gut. My soul was screaming to me, the time is up girlfriend. I did not listen I wanted things to be different, was there something that was missing? Now I know- so my behavior has changed. Right Now!
When something is over, it is over, do not force it, forgive yourself and move on!
Do not let people lie to you, once you know its a lie, call it! 
Love yourself, forgive yourself and move da hell on
The lesson is learnt, class is over, no need for a repeat!

According to Danielle L Porte, Stop resenting that have you to deal with this,” . “Every trigger is your power wanting to be called back.” In that case, instead of resenting the shit out of recurring triggers, get excited when you trip on them. Like this: Negative feeling happens. A-ha! THERE’S where my power has been. Right where I left it.
I call all of my power back to me now. I am whole and complete.

Peace


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism