Each moment is just what it is

“Each moment is just what it is. It might be the only moment of our life; it might be the only strawberry we’ll ever eat. We could get depressed about it, or we could finally appreciate it and delight in the preciousness of every single moment of our life.” Pema Chodron

I was sitting at my computer and as my friend says "over thinking" Really wracking my brain and retracing my steps on what missteps I made with a situation and getting more and more frustrated. 

At that moment I decided to get up and read, take a break from my own overthinking and boom Pema Chodron was my choice.  I read the quote above I was literally screaming OMG, you do it every time Universe, ok I hear ya! Lead me straight to what I needed. 

It's about the moment, everything is about the moment so why do I keep fighting to prolong the past and the moment? Just enjoy the moment and know that each one, each moment will be different. Focus on that rather than trying to recreate the moment that just passed, it is gone a new one is here that I am not only missing it by thinking about what has gone but missing its magic and beauty in attempting to manipulate it to be like the past! Wow, talk about an AhA moment! 
Moment by moment 
Moment by moment
And when the moments add up it becomes a life time.
Am I going to be present in the moment and accept it for what it is or keep looking back trying to manipulate the present?- straight case of lunacy I say! According to Byron Katie, when you argue with reality you suffer.
There are things I need to leave well enough alone, the moment is gone, recreating it is wasting time, pay attention to the present and make the most of that. Pay attention to the signs and take the good memories into the next moment.
I wish today that you enjoy, be present, learn and cherish every single moment!
Peace!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism