Boundaries

Daring to set boundaries is about having the courage to love ourselves, even when we risk disappointing others. We can't base our own worthiness on others' approval (and this is coming from someone who spent years trying to please everyone!). Only when we believe, deep down, that we are enough can we say "Enough!"  Brene Brown

How do you set boundaries? Do you have boundaries? Do you know what boundaries are? How can I set boundaries? These are questions that surfaced in my pool yesterday

Why? I believe it did because of my deep desire to keep the peace, people please, and avoid confrontation. This week working with a team showed me that I must choose courage over comfort and set some boundaries for myself - and that involves me knowing without a shadow of a doubt what I want, what is okay for me and knowing that whatever the outcome of letting people know this I will be okay
Pretty sobering thoughts right there
Onwards to setting boundaries....
Peace!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism