Your ego is not always your amigo!

Most people are so stuck in their egos that everything revolves around me, me  and more me. But if you want to be rich in the truest sense of the word, it can't only be about you. It has to include adding value to other people's lives. T. Harv Eker Best Selling Author

My ego ran my life for a very long time (Now I am on the road to recovery!!!!!). I didn't realise it then but I have become very aware of it and I've learnt that awareness  is "I opening"
I honestly thought it was me being ambitious but that was only a very small part of the drive. I was convinced that making it was the material things and I worked so hard to achieve them and did. And then when you ask the Universe what is your purpose here, new lessons emerge and one of them that I learnt is that I am here to serve, to make a difference, not just to ME!
How do I know it was a ego trip and that I was being ruled by the negative ego? Easy!

When you perceive life as a process of you against them or, believe "they" are out to get you; when your needs are more important than theirs or, when their needs are more important than yours, you are under the spell of the ego.

If you feel that there is something or someone you must have in order to survive; when you do not trust yourself and the process of life; when you are overly cautious, overly suspicious of people, situations and circumstances, your ego is running amuck!

When you live your life to get things or, when things or people become the basis for how you see and value yourself, you are perceiving the world through the eyes of the ego.

Whenever you get stuck in concepts of good/bad; right/wrong; fair/unfair; more than/less than; should/should not, get yourself in check! The ego is ruling your consciousness and you are headed for a fall.

So what did I learn today?
I've learnt that the Universe is limitless and that what is yours is yours! My blessings have my name on it and I am not defined by things, possessions! It's funny what you can gift yourself that you look for in other people! I've seen somewhere that Ego is any identification with form. Ego – any identification with form – anything that is other than your true self – is ego.
And with that I move towards my true self!
Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism