Love has no secrets

Love wishes to be known completely understood and shared. It has no secrets; nothing that it would keep apart and hide. It walks in sunlight, open-eyed and calm, in smiling welcome and in sincerity so simple and so obvious it cannot be misunderstood.  Love has no darkened temples where mysteries are kept obscure and hidden from the sun. It does not seek for power, but for relationships. ACIM
On a rainy Manchester afternoon (that actually was the norm) so maybe I ought to say on a normal Manchester afternoon, I was having a coffee with my professor. As part of my programme we had to meet once a week to discuss my progress and keep on top of my thesis. I looked forward to these chats, I take my life lessons from anywhere, you may know this by now.
As we were taking she asked me if I loved working with women or loved the work I am doing on my programme. I hesitated on the second one. After the shop talk, we started talking about relationships and as academics do she wanted to draw a thesis about love in relationships and loving one's work on their thesis. She said to me, I have the firm belief that if you have to keep whatever it is a secret or lie about it then it's not love, simple!
Well there you go! Secrets, some you believe may be needed, love ain't one of them, Many secrets lead to lies! George Orwell said it and I would like to say that I am totally on board with him, if you want to keep a secret you must also hide from yourself!
90% of the time secrets are born from fear, shame and guilt. Hell maybe even 95%
How can you feel love and keep that a secret? Be in love and keep it a secret? It just doesn't add up! So next time someone you "love" asks you to keep a secret ask yourself is this really love? 
Peace!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism