Pour some love on it!

 "Whenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love." Mahatma Ghandi

People tell me I need to fight more, that I need to stand up for myself, I am too soft. I listen to them and must admit sometimes I give in due to fear but generally, pouring love on a situation feels so much better! It diffuses it to a point where I am left not only with a lesson but with a feeling of peace and sometimes even gratitude. What got me thinking about this today, on the base there are some "difficult" soldiers! women who are just of the type where as soon as you walk in the others say Madam, stay away from that one! I have had my encounters with them and I decided from early on, the love will be flowing from me. Now that doesn't mean taking any old crap from people and not having boundaries. Its a response rather than a reaction, it is treating them the way you would want to be treated. You really just never know what people are going through!

So anyways, during my illness miss most difficult was the one who arranged for me to get to the hospital- surprise, surprise! She was the one who ensured that I had food and that I was ok!
Everyone was shocked! I wasn't, it's called the power of love in action!

I am very grateful to her for her actions and no matter the challenges I will continue to pour love on them, looks like it works!!

Peace!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism