I am the decisive element

I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element. It is my personal approach that creates the climate. It is my daily mood that makes the weather. I possess tremendous power to make life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration, I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis is escalated or de-escalated, and a person is humanized or de-humanized. If we treat people as they are, we make them worse. If we treat people as they ought to be, we help them become what they are capable of becoming. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe Quotes

A divine friend of mine sent me this quote and it resonated with me over the past few days more than ever. I have been working on a project over the past couple of weeks that has been quite different to my norm. Just yesterday I kept asking, "hey, what is the lesson here?" I asked it over and over again as the challenges mount and the situation looked different to what I had imagined, and then I thought of this quote, as I read it this morning I thought that this is part of the answer! I am indeed the decisive element! A Course of Miracles says that somehow we have this belief that thinking and knowing that we are powerful beyond measure is arrogant but in fact it is arrogant to think that we are not because we have been given the power of choice and dominion to use any way we see fit, bestowed on no other living creature on the planet but us humans. It is me to decide how to respond to a situation and dramatic decisions does not have to mean high drama!
So here I go today, me, oh powerful being bringing the sunshine, the joy and the love! And yes, that can scare the pants off of me but hey, feel the fear and do it anyway!
 Thank you Divine G!
Peace

Today I am at the San Juan Public Library sharing lessons on the journey!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism