One star in the galaxy

You are the beginning and the end of the phenomena called YOU! Iyanla


I love my grandmother, she tells me in her scolding voice "Yaki, what you see in the mirror is just a little piece of the whole of the best of you, so do not ever be fooled" I always used to laugh when she said it, now, today my friend has passed I wish I passed on the message, I am doing it now to all of you



You look in the mirror and you see yourself
but really
it's not you at all
I mean, there is your eyes, your nose and your cute little smile
but that's not all there is to you
Because you are not seeing the amounts of lives you've touched with your presence
You are not seeing all the people you made laugh and smile
You are not seeing how strong you are
In fact all the battles you have overcome are  completely invisible when you look in the mirror, hidden beneath your outside features
So my darling, listen to me when I say this, you are not as simple as a reflection
You are complex, wonderful and simply brilliant that a mirror does not have the capability to show
It's only one tree in the forest
one star in the galaxy
one grain of sand in the beach
and you are so much more than that
Please believe that
Peace!


RIP Mr. J McLeod



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism