Get mad then get happy

You cannot be healthy; you cannot be happy; you cannot be prosperous; if you have a bad disposition. If you are sulky, or surly, or cynical, or depressed, or superior, or frightened half out of your wits,your life cannot possibly be worth living. Unless you are determined to cultivate a good disposition, you may as well give up all hope of getting anything worthwhile out of life, and it is kinder to tell you very plainly that this is the case. Emmet Fox

It takes me so much more effort to be grumpy and sour! Yes I get upset, and mad and want to explode but staying in that space, my word, it takes effort of my part, for me it is definitely so much easier to be chilled out and I was reminded of that today. Have you ever been in a situation where you just got mad and wanted to just stay there and cuss out everyone or tell everyone leave you alone? I was that girl today and then I realized this is taking way way too much effort and it feels so much better in my tummy to be pleasant- I went back to one of the lessons - do I want to be right or do I want to be happy, I said my piece, I expressed that I was annoyed and then
I chose happy!
So that's where I headed with a lovely bar of chocolate too..
And it felt super nice and good! Get mad then get happy
Peace



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism