I want to Love hard and in plain site

 When you fall in love, let it be with a person who asks nothing of you. Your existence should be enough. If they do not kiss you urgently and often, find someone who understands that lips in the presence of love should ignite passion. Natalie Patterson



I have come to know myself as brave in places. In my writing, on stage, when planning my career. But when it comes to matters of the heart... my bravery is often delayed. I sit on my truth waiting for the perfect moment and even when it comes, sometimes I still wait. That is what fear feels like to me. Mouth shut with a million words swirling in my head, skin bubbling with emotion and no one knows but me. 

My prayer is to love hard and in plain sight. To say the things that scare the shit out of me because the joy on the other side of truth is gorgeous.
Peace!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism