My Top Ten Lessons on the Journey in 2016

"wherever you go for the rest of your life, you're always in the middle of the universe and the circle is always around you. Everyone who walks up to you has entered that sacred space, and it's not an accident. Whatever comes into the space is there to teach you" Pema Chodron

As the year comes to a close I usually take the time to reflect on the past 12 months, how I have grown and what I have learnt. I must admit 2016 has been a year of many many lessons some of them painful ones, I still give thanks because I truly believe that everything is happening for me not to me.

Here are my top ten lessons for 2016

1. You are the one demonstrating to others how to treat you by your own actions and what you allow - People feed off your vibes, if there are no boundaries involved it is easy to ride rough. You can be kind but firm, you can be a good person without being a doormat

2. Feel all your feelings, all of them - It is the best and fastest way to heal. Feelings buried alive resurface to haunt you

3. You are responsible for your life - yes you are! Do not outsource your responsibility. The brilliant thing about you being responsible is that you can change it. Responsibility is the ability to respond.

4. Asking for help does not mean that you are weak and have failed - life is about connection and we were not meant to go through life alone. Connection is magic!

5. Sometimes you have to say NO. Oh boy did I learn this one. So many free gigs that left me drained in mind and pocket. Do not feel guilty when you cannot do something.

6. Regular exercise makes you feel healthy, good, strong. Sweating is a super power

7. My friends and family are awesome - they are supportive and real and I must must give them a chance to show their support rather than playing super woman

8. Tell the truth- all the time - even if it hurts and your voice trembles. I have said it before and will say it again- the truth does set you free

9. Respect yourself enough to let go of those people who do not reciprocate your kindness love and advances - especially fellas that you are really into! Guys who say they are too busy to me is  a code to leave dem 'lone!

10. Always, in all ways give thanks

What are your top lessons?
I would love to hear and share lessons on the Journey
Peace


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism