Who did I serve today?

Ask yourself: Who did I serve today? Iyanla

This week I am scheduled to spend with some young women from what we like to call here "hot spots" - areas that are considered high in crime and social issues
I am always happy to be given the opportunity to share lessons on the journey as I myself learn from the young people.
What I learnt is that they want to be loved, to feel as if they are being heard and that they matter. I think we all want to feel this way. And more than anything I approach the time I spent with them with this in mind. I also extend it to everyone that I meet.

As Maya Angelou says people may forget what you said, maybe what you did however they will always remember how you made them feel.

Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism