I am here in Service

Achievement doesn't come from what we do, but from who we are - Marianne Williamson


Yesterday I was filming a segment for a programme, I was being interviewed with the aim of using the clips of promoting a Conference to be held for the International Women's Day 2017.
The first question was tell us who you are. Who are you? I started calling my name and ended that I am love and I am here in service. There were all perplexed faces in the room.
"But what do you do?"
"I show up and serve with love wherever I am asked or required"
The confusion increased
They did not have the background of how I got there, of how much defining myself without things and titles are now not important to me because they are fleeting and focuses on me rather than how I can serve to make where I am better than how I met it.
So this mindset allows me to make decisions with less ego, when I am about to decide what to do, where to go, how to respond, I tap into who I am, because I know, I am sure. I don't have to prove anything to anyone knowing that I am being kind, loving and in service of something, something decent.

I always get a kick out of seeing the faces
Give thanks
Peace

Daily Lessons on the Journey Journal - http://www.lulu.com/shop/akosua-dardaine-edwards/lessons-on-the-journey-a-daily-journal/paperback/product-23034362.html

Ted Talk - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH1K7nRGrYc



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism