Comparison is a joy stealer

Comparison is crazy-making. It stamps on potential and truth and all the good things you might already have going for you if you weren’t so busy shadow-boxing with the people who you think have it better.  Danielle La Porte

My grandma always told me that I must compete with no one but who I see in the mirror and compare myself to that person as well.
Truth be told I do not have a competitive bone in my body, put me in a race to prove it and please don't bet on me! I developed the whole compare vibe at University, I wanted to be like the students who had cars, who were popular who were hanging out with the who's who! I quickly learnt that it wasn't my game to play. Comparison left me feeling always wanting! And so it seems like over the last few weeks I started reliving my University experience by comparing myself and guess what the "always wanting" feeling came screaming to me! 


Comparison is a big waste of time and energy, you can only be you so do you to the best 
 Comparison is a slippery slope to envy and for the most part, envy wastes energy that could be put towards getting what you want or optimizing what you have. It’s a trap. I used to envygirls who went to the prestige schools and my friends with rich parents. “Poor me…no leg-up, born into an average family, gotta be self-made…” Yack. Whatta waste of mind space – space that could be filled with creativity and ingenuity.
Do you and do it well
Peace 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Any Public Issue Will Eventually Get to Your Door

Show Up Anyway

Empty Feelings