None of my business

So I Idren, I-sistren,
The preaching and talkin' is done;
We've gotta live up, wo now, wo now! -
'Cause the Father's time has come.
Some people put the best outside;
Some people keep the best inside;
Some people can't stand up strong;
Some people won't wait for long. Bob Marley, Survival

Yesterday I was reading A Course in Miracles with one of my  very good buddies and there were so many penny dropping moments for me with particular reference to judging people and being judged.
I am super scared of being judged, and the very same thing that I am terrified of, I do! Who knew????
My biggest fear over the past few months comes from being judged as not only being incapable but also being different. I have been struggling with it from the get go, having been pulled into an entirely new environment. And as part of that I have rushed to judge others.
Am I worthy?
Am I doing what I am supposed to do?
Am I looking the way I am supposed to look?
Am I supposed to stay quiet?
And it goes on and on
What I have learnt is this:
Be myself, set boundaries, choose courage over comfort and be kind
You would know if you have made the right decision because you will be at peace, and if you are not at peace, choose again
What people think of me is really none of my business.
Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism