Taking Responsibility


Responsibility. What does responsibility mean? Responsibility means not blaming anyone or anything for your situation, including yourself. Having accepted this circumstance, this event, this problem, responsibility then means the ability to have a creative response to the situation as it is now. All problems contain the seeds of opportunity, and this awareness allows you to take the moment and transform it to a better situation or thing. Deepak Chopra

I have been reading the Spiritual Laws by Deepak Chopra this week! I read it before but you know sometimes you re read a book and it resonates with you again and you see things that you somehow missed! As I was reading, the focus was on responsibility and his definition jumped out at me!He talks about acceptance, finding creative responses and not blaming! Now, I thought this was absolutely sobering given the lessons that I picked up on the journey thus far because all the teachers taught me about making another choice, about taking what I have and turning it into something worthwhile, about using what I have to transform myself into someone that I am proud of and love unconditionally and it boils down to taking responsibility for me!

Every single thing that remains in our lives that we don't want or don't like, we have a part to play in it! Not taking responsibility, not accepting,not making another choice, it really is so simple! So what am I not taking responsibility for in my life right now?
Heck, I want to make a difference in the world by sharing all my lessons, will moaning about it do that? No! Take responsibility
Do you want to lose weight? Take responsibility
Do you want loving and healthy relationships? Take responsibility
Do you want a new career? Take responsibility!
What ever it is, you have the ability to make a new choice, to not blame yourself and the people around you
Ok, things are going to change, but things change daily and one of my favourite lessons is "this too shall pass" so go through the storm knowing that the clouds will part and sunshine is on the other side!
Peace!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism