what do you do with your energy?

most of our energy goes into upholding our importance. ... If we were capable of losing some of that importance, two extraordinary things would happen to us: One, we would free our energy from trying to maintain the illusory idea of our grandeur; and two, we would provide ourselves with enough energy to catch a glimpse or the actual grandeur of the universe.. The art of dreaming


A really great teacher told me if I remember anything that she told me remember this "there is only one of us here" so when you are "putting someone in their place" remember its one of you so do it in a respectful way, out yourself in the other person's shoes!
Yesterday I remembered that. I was in the supermarket car park minding my own business with my mother and aunt and a lady thought I had hit her car, truth be told the car door opened and touched her car
She ran up to us screaming at the top of her lungs, the woman was even trembling! She couldn't believe we hit her car, Oh my god, what type of people are you? You don't even care, say sorry! All of us stood in disbelief as there was no visible evidence of the car being hit. She ran inside called her husband and they were both pissed! The husband started kicking our car, saying" How does this feel" My mother said well, we can't feel it its the car you are hitting not us"
So it was a heated environment!
I told my mum and aunt to go back into the car, let me handle this, I thought I was a pretty calm person. I asked the lady, what exactly do you want? Let's discuss it!
She started screaming again, all up in my face!
"I want you to be arrested"
"For what?"
"For boldfaceness
"Lady that's not a charge"
The woman lost it and charged at me screaming
I stepped back but I was getting so angry!
 "Maam Again, what do you want?"
I just told you I want you to be arrested and charged
Then it hit me
I don't have to tolerate this nonsense! I said to her "listen you are being unreasonable and this is a pack of nonsense, I refuse to tolerate it, have a good day"
"Let's go"
Got in my car and drove off!
We don't have to be participate in every argument we have been invited to! Say what you have to say like there's one of us here and bust out!
Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism