How I determine a Genuine Relationship

A genuine relationship is one that is not dominated by the ego with its image-making and self-seeking. In a genuine relationship, there is an outward flow of open, alert attention toward the other person in which there is no wanting whatsoever.” 
― Eckhart Tolle

I have been meeting more and more people as I speak at events. Some of them, for different reasons, find themselves in my circle where we communicate and have common interests. Some of the people that express an interest to come into the circle, I have been resisting, and I started asking myself why - I want to be non judgmental as well as flexible

I check my intention behind everything now because the intention precedes the result
What is my intention?
Do I want something?
Do I want validation?
Do I want to further my cause?
Do I want to be liked?
And so on

What is my intention and what do I feel in my gut?
Once I can answer that honestly, truthfully, without negative denial
then I can move forward feeling free
Lessons....

Peace


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism