Avoid Head Trash


Avoid head trash. Don't be a garbage can for anything that does not feed your intellect, stimulate your imagination, or make you a more compassionate peaceful person. Refuse to open your mind to other people's trash. Tune out anything that promotes conflict or controversy. This can infect you with a mind virus of cynicism or defeat, and  you won't even know it!
Be deliberate about setting up your day to win. Whatever you feed your mind in the first 30 minutes of the day, will impact the spirit of your day. Saturate yourself with positive words that fuel your energy and ignite your spirit. Your thoughts create your reality. Create an extraordinary life!
 (Les Brown, motivational speaker)

There was an advertisement on the television when I was growing up which ended saying a mind is a terrible thing to waste! I didn’t know what it meant then but now I sure do! You and only you have control over your thoughts and your mind which is why it is so important that you pay attention to your thoughts and what you are thinking. She told me stand guard at the door of your mind!

Stand guard at the door of your mind. I’ve learnt that what you feed grows so if I feed my mind a steady diet of junk, negativity, separation, conflict, disorder and chaos then that is what will grow!Stand guard at the door of your mind. Shape your own mind, do your own thinking, ask questions.
Stand guard at the door of your mind. Think wrongly if you please but in all cases think for yourself!

So what did I learn today?
Ask yourself
Is this relationship, activity, thought or belief for my highest good? Is this relationship, activity, thought or belief a wise energy investment? Does this relationship, activity, thought or belief enhance or deplete my light? Do I wish to integrate this relationship, activity, thought or belief into my being?
Peace!!!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism