That is what life is demanding of you


In the breakdown moment, the very thing you have feared, resisted, denied will stand before you shaking its finger in your face and sticking its tongue out at you. It will show you things about yourself that you refused to see or acknowledge. It will tease you, taunt you, push you, pull you to the verge of breaking down. In fact, that is its purpose. In the breakdown moment your defenses breakdown, your fantasies shatter, your excuses fail, your resistance erodes. In that moment when there is nothing standing between you and the thing you fear most, you will be forced to step into your greatness because that is what life is demanding of you (Until Today)

She asked me, “why do you play small?”  my first reaction was that she was talking about my weight as the conversation was previously on the different type of African food that I have been sampling. I responded “ I play small because I work out” and I chuckled! Blank stare!! “Do you know that you have a responsibility to yourself, to your ancestors, to your spirit?” Ok now it was getting serious, now it was time for me to pay attention.  “what do you mean?” 

She said to me that it is your responsibility to excel, to glow, to do what you know you can do. It makes no sense holding it all back! What are you saving it for? Why do you give one single thought to what other people think? Those who are for you and what you stand for will remain, the rest are passing through on your journey, leave them, and continue along your path! Please, honor your responsibilities, your purpose and your ancestors. There is no way that you will go off course, off target  without  getting back on track. You said to me that all things are lessons didn’t you? Well there it is! It is time!
My only response was ok! LOL!

So what did I learn today?
She was absolutely right! I hold back I really do. Why? Fear mainly! But where did it get me? Staring at the very thing that I feared right in the face and guess what I am still here! Time to step into my greatness! I am pretty sure that is the case for many of us. It is time!
Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism