Love always wins


What would you like to have happen in your life this year? What would you like to do, to accomplish? What good would you like to attract into your life? What particular areas of growth would you like to have happen to you? What blocks, or character defects, would you like to have removed?

What would you like to attain? Little things and big things? Where would you like to go? What would you like to have happen in friendship and love? What would you like to have happen in your family life?
 What problems would you like to see solved? What decisions would you like to make? What would you like to happen in your career?
 Write it down. Take a piece of paper, a few hours of your time, and write it all down – as an affirmation of you, your life, and your ability to choose. Then let it go.
Melody Beattie author


2013 is here, I always think about readiness, meaning that all things considered 2013 was coming and there is nothing that you can do to stop it so why not be ready? Ready in the sense that your mind is in the right place! I've learnt that life is always in session and it is my responsibility to show up ready! Yesterday I sat with a breakfast feast, all my favorite things, even Rolex!! (Rolex is what they call bake here, one of my favorite things to eat hands down, and no, for inquiring minds I cooked none of it, I was at a hotel) I wrote everything that I want for 2013, the life I want to live and then I wrote what I believe that  I would need to do to get me there and after all of it, it came back to a central theme. Unconditional self love! Loving yourself means acceptance of events and making the necessary decisions without fear, it means eating healthy foods, it means exercising, it means saving and not spending unnecessarily, it means getting rid of toxic relationships, it means calling a thing a thing as Iyanla would say! So after it all I am back to loving and accepting myself unconditionally and moving and living from that space! 

Brutally honest, you know people that love themselves, I am not referring to arrogance but true love and honor, you can feel the energy when you meet them, there is no ego, there is no need to be right and prove to everyone that they are right or the other person is wrong. They don’t even care about what anyone thinks because they know who they are.

So what did I learn today?
What is self-love and how do I get some?
The self criticism, self-hate, self-abuse, and self-neglect is over. The unrealistic measures of what a happy and successful woman looks like has come to an end. Being treated by anyone with anything less than respect and unconditional love is done. Show up for yourself,  put your self-care first, remind yourself how fabulous you are and do it  often, always always be on your own side.
 Peace!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism