This word is not in my vocabulary

Shame hates it when we reach out and tell our story. It hates having words wrapped around it—it can’t survive being shared. Shame loves secrecy. The most dangerous thing to do after a shaming experience is hide or bury our story. When we bury our story, the shame metastasizes Brene Browne

Confession or maybe the better term is pet peeve - using the word shame loosely! OMG I just refuse, I cannot! In our culture it is used often, someone is telling a story " Oh I was so shame, girl" someone laughs at a joke "Shame" I refuse to use it, just refuse to use the word, its not in my vocabulary! I want it to remain outside of my consciousness whether in a joke or not, it may just be my issues but hey I am owning it!
"Shame" I have seen stop so many actions- I have heard numerous times " I am too shame to do that" said just like that! Huh? What are you "shame" about? I absolutely refuse to use the word! Okay rant over
Shame says something is wrong with me, and hey as India Arie says " I know my creator didn't make no mistakes on me" so I am not or will never be "shame"
End of rant!
Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism