Be willing to show the world who you are!


If you are going to be courageous, an example for all those who are ready to step into their power, then you must be willing to show the world all of who you are. You must have the guts to throw off the chains of modesty and mediocrity in order to be the light that the world needs. (Debbie Ford, RIP, Debbie, you were indeed one of my favourite teachers on this journey!)

I was on Facebook yesterday and I saw a status that spoke volumes to me for some reason it just stood out in my mind all day, simple one liner “this little light of mine.....”  It brought me back to one of the first lessons that I learnt when arriving in Uganda, when I was asked why do I play small, why do I dim my own light. I have never thought of it that way, me playing small and dimming my own light but part of being unconscious is ignorance! Coupled with that status being at the International Women’s event yesterday it hit me that we all have to shine our lights for the world to shine bright! Being authentic is part of that process, showing up and being yourself no matter what! I have learnt that I don’t have to be perfect all the time, I am not, no one is! We are all imperfectly perfect beings and that is ok. The thing is to keep doing your thing, keep being authentic and keep shining your own light! It matters not what anyone else thinks or says, once you are doing it with love, well from the heart!

So with that this whole thing of trying to be perfect, I’m done with, no more of that.  Me or my plans don’t have to be perfect, I accept that I mess things up, I make mistakes, I get upset with myself, but crap happens eh! I am a work in progress. There is no arrival point of perfection and yet I am here, I am living my dream and I am simply doing the best that I can!
So what did I learn today?

Live! Take Massive action, start, do it, and learn the lessons along the way! Be real, be you, be authentic, show up as you every single time and taking things personally, well just stop that please?!!!

Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism