Only a masterly call......


This force, which is the best thing in you, your highest self, will never respond to any ordinary half-hearted call, or any milk-and-water endeavor. It can only be reached by your supremest call, your supremest effort. It will respond only to the call that is backed up by the whole of you, not part of you; you must be all there in what you are trying to do. You must bring every particle of your energy, unanswerable resolution, your best efforts, your persistent industry to your task or the best will not come out of you. You must back up your ambition by your whole nature, by unbounded enthusiasm and a determination to win which knows no failure… Only a masterly call, a masterly will, a supreme effort, intense and persistent application, can unlock the door to your inner treasure and release your highest powers.” - Orison Swett Marden, was an American writer associated with the New Thought Movement.

Boxing training began today. Opio put me through my paces (he looks like a short Massai warrior) and then he says to me, you will enter a competition later in the year, this means that training will be three days a week and running three days. Oh boy! Listen Opio, I not really into that competition thing you know, I like my pretty face without marks and black eyes! He watched me – “it is ok, you will enter” and entertained no more conversation until the end. “ Why bother to have the best woman boxing trainer around these parts, why bother to waste time, why bother to not use what you have, you will do it and you will be happy” Ok then!!So it’s on, I am moving out of my comfort zone, as I have learnt, I go to my comfort zone to rest, I don’t live there!  I remembered that today and I have made a commitment to myself to examine where else in my comfort zone I am living and take the step to move out, resting is over!!

After I got over the initial shock I am not looking forward to the upcoming weeks of training and meeting other ladies in the ring! I am also looking forward to meeting other challenges in the “ring of life”

So what did I learn today?
Apart from the fact that I will have hard training in the next three months to get ready!! To get out of my own way and face my fears is what it will take. I make friends with my fears by facing them! So stop thinking about how difficult things might be and just start believing in yourself. Once I realize all the potential that lies within every pore of my BEing, I wouldn't be afraid of trying and DOING anything!

Wish me luck

Peace!!!

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism