Directly from me to you!!!


Lives fall apart when they need to be rebuilt. Lives fall apart when the foundation upon which they were built needs to be re-laid. Lives fall apart, not because God is punishing us for what we have not done. Lives fall apart because they need to. They need to because they weren’t built the right way in the first place. A broken life is a test of faith of the highest order.
The good news is that when you have something to do, life will not allow you to move forward until you do it. The bad news is the same (Iyanla Vanzant,author and spiritual coach)

This morning I got up and I realized, no no wrong word, I accepted certain facts that I have been denying for a while. I have to start over not only physically but mentally. Part of the reason of my being here in Africa is starting over and learning lessons. So the story is, by all “worldly” standards, I had made it. I was living the life! I had a nice big house on a hill, literally! I was driving a new car, a really nice one at one time, the sporty BMW, I was travelling the world and seeing new places. I had properties. One on a beach and one in Miami. I had the good looking, seemingly romantic husband!

Last year, the property on the beach was gone along with the seemingly romantic husband, last week I lost the property in Miami and I am now negotiating to sell the house! The cars are also gone!
Now this is not me complaining or moaning, it’s to give you the story of how I feel and what I have learnt!

So how do I feel today? Honestly, I felt a little sad and helpless at first, like a failure really  but I have come to change my thinking and today I feel so free! I have accepted the fact that I was holding on in fear that I would never have any of those things again and then just as on cue the lesson came!
I want to share this with you; it’s what I know my lesson is right at this very moment! This is a personal statement. Directly from me to you. My intuition has guided me to the possibility that sharing this message today may be of some semblance of use, to somebody.
There is a clinical difference between putting something aside and letting something go.
So today I am letting go. This year, I am letting go. I am letting go because I don't want to carry anymore stowaway energy or emotion into my future.

So what did I learn today?

As my mind matures while progressing on the journey, I am seeing less of good and bad, right and wrong. I understand more and judge less. Situations that were painful earlier do not give me as much pain anymore. I have developed an ability to understand all situations and be comfortable in a lot of environments, with different types of people, whether they agree with me or not.
My focus has shifted from "What's in store for me?" to "How can I serve?", from "What's broken?" to "What do I want to create instead?", from "How can I get more joy?" to "How can I express my joy?". My mind  has quieted  down and my heart has  becomes more compassionate. It  has now become easier to forgive and forget.  All the Truth that was hiding behind the cloud of my agitated mind now begins to reveal itself.
 
My happiness becomes less and less dependent on having and not having things arranged in certain way in the external world.  Awesomeness all round!!

Peace!!!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism