Feel the feelings then make a choice!


"Tell everyone you know: "My happiness depends on me, so you're off the hook." And then demonstrate it. Be happy, no matter what they're doing. Practice feeling good, no matter what. And before you know it, you will not give anyone else responsibility for the way you feel-and then, you'll love them all. Because the only reason you don't love them, is because you're using them as your excuse to not feel good."

- Esther Abraham-Hicks, best-selling author and motivational speaker.



I been reading a lot of material from Abraham Hicks, why? I was introduced to her on my journey  last year but somehow I wasn't ready for it! Now it seems that she is staring me right in the face and talking to me directly!  Hicks's whole philosophy is about you being responsible for yourself feeling good and feelings are a guide it doesn't run your life! So for the past week I have been "fighting the feelings" and basically not taking ownership for some of the things that I really ought to! And then I read Hicks and it hit me! The most important thing is that I feel good, don't fight the feelings, feel them and then decide!!! Let the people off the hook!! I must tell you it feels sooo much better

So what did I learn today?
I have the awesome ability of free will, of choice. We all do! At each moment I can make a different choice it really is that simple! So what would I choose? Feeling good or not! I choose feeling good everytime and it depends on me, happiness is an inside job and its just that bloody simple
Feel the feelings and then make a choice
Peace!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism